Monday, May 28, 2007

A Very Productive Memorial Day

This Memorial Day weekend I have been very blessed to have my in-laws in town. They got here on Friday night and we have been busy, busy ever since. Robert immediately helped me with some stuff in the backyard and we toyed around with the idea of allowing some of my landscaping ideas to actually come to fruition. I have been scheduled to work all weekend, including the holiday, but you'd never know it. We have been very productive. This little landscaping project was all done today. Robert and I started at 06:15 and were finished in time for dinner. We made multiple trips to Home Depot and we were almost expecting them to greet us by name. One girl asked if I wanted to start working there since I had been there almost as much as she had :-) Needless to say, I am pleased with what we acheived. I am SO incredibly appreciative of all of Robert's help and we had a wonderful BBQ to end the day. Sarah was able to join us and was kind enough to bring me a well-deserved cold beer :-) All in all the only downside to the whole weekend is that Bobby wasn't here to join us. He said he really wanted a Japanese maple and we planted one for him. I hope he likes it all, otherwise, it sure will be a lot of work changing it :-)
Before the project, all our supplies are laid out.
RJ had a blast helping out and getting VERY dirty.

All finished!! Once the hastas perk back up, the bushes grow to size and the flowers bloom this is going to make a great welcome home gift for Bobby...less work for him :-)

No comments: